Followers

Wednesday
I heard Your word
But not with faith
As passively
I played my part
And as it fell
It died, upon
The barren waste
Which was my heart

But now
The sword rends
To reveal
The full extent
Of all my sin
Exposing shame
Of wanton years
Of fear and doubts
That lurk within

‘How is it
That you have no faith’?
I seem to hear
My Saviour say
Like those of old
I fail to trust
The very one
Who died for me

You are the Master
Of the storm
Ordered
In it's entirety
To teach me
How to learn to trust
And total
God-dependency

And so I need not
Walk alone
To face the fearsome surge
With dread
But fully trusting
Rest assured
That you will do
Just what you’ve said...

You'll never leave me
Nor forsake
You'll love
With everlasting love
And when my life
On earth is done
You'll take me to my home
Above

2006

Why is it that as human beings, we try and fix things on our own, when all the time we have a God who will give rest to the heavy laden!

4 comments:

Naomi said...

Beautiful poem, Deb. Did you write this?

bee said...

thank you and yes. i went through a bit of a rough patch about six years ago - probable post traumatic stress and started to write poetry. hadn't done it before, so for me it was a form of therapy :) i think this was the last one. used to post on a christian writing forum until some guy accused me of 'writing the nil hypothesis to cleanse my own soul' and another called me dark and disturbing after i wrote one on abortion for a writing challenge. if the board keeps this up i may have to revert back to scribbling on bits of paper at crazy hours lol.

Naomi said...

You should take up writing again, Deb! You really do have a gift.

THought you might be interested in this post, considering you did one on abortion (from my old blog - used to take blogging a lot more seriously).

http://3foldcord.wordpress.com/2008/04/03/tiny-thoughts/

bee said...

naomi, it is you who has the gift. that is beautifully written ... poignant, moving and i'm sure has really ministerd to others going through a similar experience. hugs x

Post a Comment